Kate NafunaExperienced Administrative Officer
A highly resourceful, flexible, knowledgeable and motivated individual with excellent communication skills both orally and verbally and pay greater attention to details in my work. Organized and adaptable with several years’ experience working in various office environments. My attention to detail and excellent time management skills means that every task is completed efficiently and to the highest possible standard. I have a calm and patient disposition meaning that I am able to work effectively under pressure and focus on the task at hand. I am proficient working in a team, but also work well independently. I am flexible, always focused and maintain a calm and professional demeanour, even when working under pressure. I am confident that with my skills and experience, I would make an excellent member of your team. I have excellent organization and communication skills meaning that I excel at leading a team and ensuring all assignments are completed on schedule. I am dedicated and keen to learn new skills to improve any experience for the benefit of me and the company that I work for. I am very motivated person who is very keen to have a successful career. I am now looking forward to making a significant contribution to an institution that offers a genuine opportunity for progression.
|Last Resume Update||September 19, 2022|
In this role, I am responsible for coordinating office activities and operations, supervising support staff, supporting budgeting and the book keeping procedures, managing agendas/travel arrangements for upper management, manage phone calls and correspondence (emails, letters), creating and updating records with personnel and financial data, tracking stock of office supplies and place orders where necessary, submitting timely reports and preparing presentation/proposals as assigned.
• Implemented a bi-weekly meeting with 3 other Administrators to discuss goals, updates, and challenges, increasing productivity by 20%.
• Went above my duties as office administrator to implement a filing system for human resources, organizing more than 10 past and current employee documents.
• Managed busy schedules and travel plans of my supervisor while performing general office administration duties.
• Provided exceptional support to my supervisor and co-workers which increased overall efficiency by 30%.
• Streamlined the day-to-day office operations of the company and responded to all requests for information regarding the company. This has enabled my supervisor to focus on high priority issues to achieve the company timelines.
• Assisted in all general office duties; including catered events/meetings, receiving and shipping, reception coverage, executive calendar scheduling and maintenance, and supply ordering.
• Provided backup support to other departments which were highly admired by the Senior Management.
• Introduced an Inventory and Asset management system. This has helped the effective tracking of inventory and asset use and for increased efficiency and productivity.
• Built all daily work schedules. Grew the team through direct performance feedback and annual appraisals.
Secretary, Public Trust Junior School, Kampala
In this role, I provided timely administrative support to ensure that office operations are maintained and acted as an office receptionist, receiving visitors in the office, directing them where possible and ensuring reception coverage. Among other duties, I was involved in performing secretarial duties of typing, editing, printing, photocopying and filing written documents, responding to customer complaints and inquiries, preparing materials and recording minutes during meetings, maintaining and monitoring the visitor`s book, drafting letters, memos, and reports and performing any other duties as assigned.
• Designed a school permission form. This standardised school documents therefore reduced the time spent on writing a permission form hence reduced forged handwriting/unapproved permission sheets.
• Coordinated team events and office activities at the best yet economical locations – saved expenses by 40%
• Introduced a user-friendly electronic filing system which reduced file retrieval time by 30%.
• Helped the school stay within the budget for the period 2016 – 2018.
• Reduced time spent on inventory by 20% by reorganizing physical storage of supplies.
• Saved $200 in period of three months in office supplies after negotiating a new deal with a new supplier.
• Developed and managed a data base of contacts for the employees and contractors. This eliminated time consuming manual methods of retrieving information. And also, coordination of the stakeholders was eased, and complaints of equipment breakdown were handled on real time.
• Supported the audit process by helping in resolving some of the audit queries. The support provided has reduced on the Audit and Accountability queries by the external auditors hence improved the quality assurance process.
Stock Take Auditor
In this role, I was responsible for physical counting and recording of items in the store. My duties were; verifying the items counted, identifying and recording items missing in the store.
• Organised items in the store in the respective shelves. This reduced on the time spent looking for different items in the store thus promoted efficiency and reduced clients’ irritation.
• Facilitated proper valuation of organisation inventory by executing physical counting and reconciling with stock cards. This reduced misstatements thus accurate/balanced records which reduced audit queries and promoted accountability.
• Manually counted all stock in stores. This included moving stock to get full and accurate counts and included counting stock.
• Prepared daily stock reports for management decision making
• Checked expiration dates on stock and inspected inventory for other issues that may affect quality or salability. Reported inventory issues such as shortages, overages, misshelved products, and damaged items.
While here, I was responsible for supporting the logistics function in receiving of goods into the warehouse and preparing the warehouse report, updating the Purchase tracker, issuing items out for sale or production, participating in periodic inventory counts of all assets and responding to all queries regarding the inventory count.
• Ensures safe custody and storage of items in the store through arranging items in their necessary shelves and ensuring clean and tidy stores. This avoided misplacement of items thus eased tracking/ identification of a particular item when needed which also eased stock taking process thus promoted efficiency.
• Support the procurement of organisation assets by receiving items and other raw materials into the store. This ensured proper inspection of good received to determine right quality and quantity before effecting payment thus prevented payment for wrong items.
Procurement and Logistics Management